If you are a technologist who enjoys working with customers and is driven by high-pace, high-growth environments where you can learn new skills, hone existing ones, accelerate your career to the level (and beyond) and make a tremendous impact in a space that continues to grow, then we have a perfect role for you. The hiring company is helping customers achieve the full value of their Big Data platforms with an intelligent APM solution and is looking to further grow its technical team in the field in pre and post sales roles. As a Big Data Solutions (Implementation) Engineer, you work in the crucial intersection of potential and existing customers and the rest of the company, driving customer success that leads ultimately to revenue and hence overall company success. Come and join the team, make a tremendous impact, and have an exceedingly good time while doing so!
The hiring company has software that uses AI and ML techniques for analyzing, troubleshooting, and delivering insight into performance optimization of Big Data operational data pipelines and analytics apps.
- Hands-on Big Data experience – installation, operations, implementation, troubleshooting, tuning (examples of key platforms/tools: CDH/HDP/MapR/EMR/HDI/Databricks/Dataproc/etc., Hive, Spark, Kafka, HBase, HDFS, Oozie, Airflow, YARN, etc.)
- Primary responsibility for implementation of the platform in the process of securing renewals + growth in existing accounts. Works closely with customers, account representatives, and the entire company to achieve this.
- Focused around existing customer adoption and CSAT, w/ direct ownership for growth+renewal revenue numbers.
- Exceedingly strong presentation/soft skills are a must. Example of activities includes customer evangelism + technical account penetration, demos, training+enablement, solution/value to requirements workshops.
- Helps define/improve customer journey and the teams/tools/processes needed internally to drive key metrics – requires strong self-management/organizational skills.
- Interacts heavily with PM/Eng serves as a conduit for roadmap/futures requests from customers.
- Works with Marketing on evangelism and user success stories, enables reference ability via solution/value work for customers.
- Heavy in and out of region travel, primarily in-person customer facing.
- 5-10+ years in successful technical sales and/or implementation in enterprise software focused around Big Data technologies.
- Demonstrable overachievement against goals.
- Experience working in entrepreneurial/startup environments. (initial field buildouts)
- Comfortable interacting at all levels with customers. (developers, architects, first/second line managers, VP and above, C-level)
- General understanding of customer lifecycle, specifically as applied to the responsibilities of the role.
- B.S. in Computer Science or another technical major (M.S. is a plus)
- Dynamic work environment
- Exposure to the latest technology
- No micromanagement
- Their technology is VERY well received in the marketplace
- Surrounded by very bright people
- Professional growth is readily available
We can transfer work visa sponsorship
- Dallas, TX
- Chicago, IL
- New York City area
- San Francisco area
Knowledge of Big Data, APM, Cloud, Systems Infrastructure, Enterprise Application Integration, Database and/or Business Intelligence software concepts and products preferred. Communicating effectively the value of a software product.