If you are a technologist who enjoys working with customers and is driven by high-pace, high-growth environments where you can learn new skills, hone existing ones, accelerate your career to the level (and beyond) and make a tremendous impact in a space that continues to grow, then we have a perfect role for you. This software company is helping customers achieve the full value of their Big Data platforms with an intelligent APM solution and is looking to further grow its technical support team. As a Big Data Support Engineer, you work in the crucial intersection of customers and the rest of the company, helping drive customer success that leads ultimately to additional revenue and hence overall company success. Come and join the team, make a tremendous impact, and have an exceedingly good time while doing so!
- Hands-on Big Data experience – installation, operations, troubleshooting, and tuning. (Examples of key platforms/tools: CDH/HDP/MapR/EMR/HDI/Databricks/Dataproc/etc., Hive, Spark, Kafka, HBase, HDFS, Oozie, Airflow, YARN, etc.)
- Focused on troubleshooting directly with customers, interacting via multi-channel issue/case management. (Examples include installation and upgrade issues, configuration and environmental issues, end-user operational and app/job tuning issues.)
- Help define/improve support and knowledge processes. In particular, contributes to central knowledge management solutions to improve troubleshooting efficiency for all technical teams in the field.
- Work closely with all pre-sales and post-sales/technical engineers in the field. As well as PM/Eng to improve the experience for customers – serves as a conduit for roadmap/futures requests from customers.
- Minimal travel except for team events and HQ visits w/ eng. The majority of work is remote in front of terminal/machine/laptop.
- 5-10+ years in successful support and/or implementation in enterprise software focused around Big Data technologies.
- Demonstrable overachievement against goals.
- Experience working in entrepreneurial/startup environments.
- World-class troubleshooting skills.
- General understanding of customer lifecycle, specifically as applied to the responsibilities of the role.
We have a passion for excellence. We’re driven, and we love what we’re doing and have fun doing it. We value great minds but we’re also humble enough to rally around the best solution, regardless of whose idea it was. We value talent and we are always on the lookout for the right people to join us.
We can transfer work visa sponsorship
- West Coast
- North Central
- South Central
- East Coast
Knowledge of Big Data, APM, Cloud, Systems Infrastructure, Enterprise Application Integration, Database and/or Business Intelligence software concepts and products preferred.